Understanding and Taking Care of the Cat
Attention Cat Lovers!
The internationally renowned Nash Academy, famous for their dog-related online and on-site courses, are proud to present their first online cat course. If you are a cat lover, or a dog bather, groomer or stylist seeking to expand your business into cat grooming, this online course on every aspect of cat care, breeds, health, nutrition, first aid, illness and of course grooming will be available in the innovative Nash online curriculum. Whether you simply want to learn how to take ideal care of your beloved feline companion, or are seeking to learn how to groom cats safely and compassionately, this course is for you. Be the first to immerse yourself in the Nash knowledge about cats--it will change the way you look at and love your cat. Cat lovers are a breed apart, much like their beloved pets--enjoy and know your cat fully, and add the cat to your grooming repertoire!
If you are a cat lover, or a dog bather, groomer or stylist seeking to expand your business into cat grooming, this online course is a great start and the perfect way to start you virtual online library about felines.
Enroll now and make these books part of your virtual library about cats.
This course will explore such issues as:
- Why are cats so independent?
- How much grooming does an average cat need?
- Why would man create so many different breeds of cat?
- What is a proper diet for a healthy cat?
- How many ways are there to groom a cat?
- Is it possible to bathe a cat without getting hurt?
- If cats are such great predators, why are kittens born so helpless?
- What makes a cat such a good hunter?
- My cat is hurt, what do I do?
- What is the proper equipment, products and tools necessary to safely groom short and long hair cats?
- What are the proper technical skills to groom short and long hair cats?
- How do you safely secure a cat during salon procedures?
- What tools and technical skills are needed to clipper matts out of the coat of the cat?
- How do you care for the eyes and ears?
- How do you trim a cat's nails?
- What is stud tail and its treatment?
- What are hairballs and how do you prevent them?
- What are the various breeds of cat, and what do they look like?
- What are the coat types and patterns that cats have, and how do you recognize them?
- How has the cat been viewed by various societies throughout history, and what has this view of the cat reflected about the cultures and their treatment of felines? How has opinion about cats changed through the passage of time?
- What are the stages of growth and development that a kitten goes through, and why are they significant?
- Why is knowledge of the cat's most basic, predatory behavior a necessity for understanding the cat?
- How do cats and dogs differ, and why is it important to understand these differences?
- How do cats communicate with each other and with you? What is your cat trying to tell you? What is the cat you are grooming trying to tell you?
- What vaccinations must your cat have to protect it from the frequently deadly illnesses which afflict cats?
- What is appropriate litter box hygiene?
- Why should you spay or neuter your cat?
- How do you administer medicine to your cat to make sure your cat gets its medicine and to keep yourself safe in the process?
- What are hairballs, and how can they be treated once your cat gets them?
- How do you put together an excellent feeding program for you cat, that will afford the cat all the nutrition it needs?
- Should you consider getting your cat declawed?
- How do you give a cat CPR?
- What do you do for a cat with a fever?
- What are some of the other basic emergencies which you are likely to face with your cat?
- What are the fundamental methods for handling cats in emergency situations?
- How does the feline reproductive system function? What makes cat mating such a noisy, disturbing ritual? Why does the female frequently attack the male after mating?
- Why are the cat's skin and hair unique? Why must the cat's skin be much more flexible than that of most animals? What are other fascinating features of the cat's integumentary system?
- How do the cat's teeth and claws make it such an efficient and terrifying killing machine?
- How does the cat's digestive system deal with the wide array of prey which many other species would find inedible?
- What do the cat's skeletal, muscular and nervous systems contribute to the cat's ability to hunt and carry out its feats of athletic achievement?
- What are the remarkable features of the cat's senses that enable it to perceive and interact with a world in motion?
- Can you really bathe a cat and live through it? Is it possible for a cat to relax and enjoy being bathed?
- What are the unique issues that grooming long haired cats present, and how do you deal with them?
- How do you give a long haired cat that professional, finished look, ready for the show ring?
- What tools and equipment must you have on hand to professionally groom felines?
- How does grooming the short haired cat differ from the grooming the long haired cat? What are the special problems and issues involved?
- How do you handle a cat with a matted coat?
- What is stud tail and how do you deal with it as a groomer?
- How do you cope with tear stains? How often should a cat have its ears cleaned and its nails clipped?
- Which cats can be beautified through powderpacking, and which through coat dressing?
- What are the safest, most compassionate methods for handling a cat in the salon, for your benefit and for the cat's?
Introducing Your Online Instructor - Roberta Smoodin
The course content has been created by Roberta Smoodin, our very own specialist in understanding and taking care of the cat as well as our practical skills instructors who worked with Roberta to establish safe and correct bathing, grooming and styling guidelines.
Roberta is on board for teaching the online course about understanding the feline and makes it an interesting and very educational experience for you. If you really want to understand the cat, take the instructor driven option so you have the opportunity to participate in her discussions. She is the best of the best.
After completion of this course, the virtual book is yours to keep. You will read it over and over because you can't get enough of this interesting information and you will not find it anywhere presented in such a unique way as Roberta has provided for you.