Cat Bathing, Grooming & Styling Online/Onsite Program (Combination)
This program is designed to provide you with the knowledge and practical skills necessary to gain employment as a professional cat groomer. It is the perfect to add on to your diploma program. You will complete one theory based online course Understanding & Taking Care of the Cat. You can complete this during your onsite training. This course takes 1 month to complete. Upon completion of the one online course, you will complete one Practical Application course Cat Grooming Basics - 40 clock hours.
Upon completion of this Program, you will understand and be able to bath, groom and style cats encountered in a pet grooming and styling salon in a compassionate, safe and gentle manner.
You will learn the following:
- the history of the cat, temperament and behavior of the cat.
- the external anatomy, integumentary, skeletal, muscular, digestive, reproductive, urinary, respiratory, cardiovascular, nervous, and endocrine systems of the cat.
- different breeds and coats.
- nutrition, disease and vaccinations, medical conditions and inherited disorders.
- internal and external parasites, first aid including CPR.
Program Performance Objectives
You will learn the following technical procedures:
- nail trimming, ear cleaning, dematting, bathing, drying, combing, brushing, carding, clippering, scissoring and thinning.
You will learn the following salon procedures:
- safe and gentle handling of the pet during all technical procedures
- salon organization and sanitation
- proper salon procedures
No previous experience is necessary. Students can have no handicaps, physical or otherwise, that could reasonably prevent the use of the knowledge or skills gained from the training offered for successful on the job performance after completion of the training. Student must have a High School Diploma or GED or complete and pass the "Ability to Benefit".
Cat Diploma Program Perfect Addition to Dog Diploma Program
The Professional Feline Program is only offered to students enrolled in the Dog Diploma Program. An additional 40 clock hours is added to the Dog Diploma Program for a total of 640 clock hours. The students completes the online course before or during the programs.
Add Cat Grooming to Your Salon Services