Nash Express Fast Track Diploma Program for Beginners
This program is designed to provide you with the knowledge and practical skills necessary to gain employment as a professional dog bather, groomer and stylist. Many of our graduates open their own salon or purchase a mobile van immediately after graduation. You complete the nine theory based courses while attending your practical application onsite courses. All online courses are read and test out.
Practical Skills Training Courses
Bathing and Salon Policies & Procedures - 80 Clock Hours
Grooming and Salon Policies & Procedures - 120 Clock Hours
Styling and Salon Policies & Procedures - 160 Clock Hours
Test Out Online Theory Courses
Salon for Man's Best Friend
Grooming Man's Best Friend
Styling for Man's Best Friend
Understanding Man's Best Friend
Form & Function of Man's Best Friend
Taking Care of Man's Best Friend
First Aid & CPR for Man's Best Friend
Who's Who for Man's Best Friend
Variations & Creations for Man's Best Friend
Upon completion of this Program, you will understand and be able to bath, groom and style pets encountered in a dog bathing, grooming and styling salon in a compassionate, safe and gentle manner.
You will learn the following:
- history of the dog, temperament and behavior and the basic training methods used to train dogs.
- the external anatomy, integumentary, skeletal, muscular, digestive, reproductive, urinary, respiratory, cardiovascular, nervous, and endocrine systems of the dog.
- body types, skull types, head types, feet types, tail types, coat types and color types.
- nutrition, disease and vaccinations, medical conditions and inherited disorders. The student will study internal and external parasites, first aid including CPR.
- the different American Kennel Club (AKC) breeds, how to recognize the various breeds, their country of origin, the original task for which they were bred, and the approximate size and weight and coat color of each breed and the characteristics that are a "trademark" for particular breeds.
- the basic salon design and layout, salon organization and sanitation, proper salon procedures, salon operations and client relations.
Program Performance Objectives
You will learn the following technical procedures:
- nail trimming, ear cleaning, teeth brushing, expressing anal glands, dematting, bathing, drying, combing, brushing, carding, hand stripping, clippering, scissoring and thinning.
You will learn the following styling procedures:
- creating shapes, balance and symmetry, basic pattern lines, pattern blending application and styling and finishing techniques for all coat types for mixed and purebred dogs.
You will also learn the following salon procedures:
- safe and gentle handling of the pet during all technical proceduress
- salon organization and sanitation
- proper salon procedures
No previous experience is necessary. Students can have no handicaps, physical or otherwise, that could reasonably prevent the use of the knowledge or skills gained from the training offered for successful on the job performance after completion of the training. Student must have a High School Diploma or GED or complete and pass the "Ability to Benefit".
Program 400 Clock Hours
Present Clock Hours Required 360
Allowed Absent Clock Hours 40
Time To Complete:10 Weeks
PROGRAM TUITION AND FEES
Application Fee: $50.00
Total Application and Tuition Fee: $4820.00
$939.00 Plus Sales Tax - Available through AFortunate Dog.com and Industry Catalogs
$50.00 plus sales tax - Available only through AFortunate Dog.com
$169.00 plus sales tax - Available only through Nash Academy. Order online or purchase when you arrive at your practical application location.
9 Online Virtual Books - Included in Program Price. No additional fee to students in the program.
Student Work Book - No fee to students in the program.
Student Safety Guide - No fee to students in the program.
Online Reference Material
Groomers Reference - No fee to students in the program.G
AKC.org. - No fee online website reference.