Salon for Man's Best Friend
Life in a Professional Dog Grooming Salon Can be Complicated for the Beginner without Proper Training...
or for the Experienced Professional!
Our course will make everything clear for dog bathers, groomers and stylists who work in a salon, or who aspire to being a part of a successful salon. Learn the essentials of safety for both the pet and the pet care professional, the latest on all the products that make your life in the salon easier, the news on proper sanitation and procedures, and what you need to know to understand and improve the organization of the salon you're working in. Become an asset to any salon you work for with this course. In the rapidly expanding world of the professional dog grooming salon, educated bathers, groomers and stylists who understand both their art and craft, and the running of the salon, are poised for success!
The complicated and fascinating world of the salon is explored via such issues as:
- What are the various, essential areas of a salon and how do they work, separately and together? Why is workflow such an important concept when trying to understand how to improve salon safety and efficiency?
- Why is the Office Area important, especially to salon managers and owners?
- Why is a Green Area important, and what aspects of upkeep must be considered?
- Why are traffic flow and first impressions so important in consideration of your Reception Area? What equipment, policies and procedures must be understood for a well-functioning Reception Area? How does a Retail Area fit into your Reception Area? Should the Retail Area be completely separate?
- What happens in the Evaluation Area that makes it one of the most important areas of the salon?
- What equipment must be included in a well-functioning Evaluation Area?
- What are the main considerations in terms of safety and traffic flow in the Holding Area (Kennel Area)?
- What are the state-of-the-art choices you must make for the safety of your staff and pets in your Holding Area?
- Why are efficiency, traffic flow and equipment choices so significant in your Grooming and Styling Area?
- How do your choices of equipment in your Bathing Area determine efficiency and safety for your staff and pets?
- What are the safety considerations that define the Drying Area?
- Why is the Laundry Area important in the daily functioning of your salon?
- What considerations should influence your decisions regarding the Rest-room Area, Utility Area, Storage Area and Break Area?
- What are the tools and equipment necessary for the functioning of the ultimate pet grooming salon?
- What stripping knives are necessary?
- How do you choose clippers, blades and snap-on combs for your salon?
- What scissors and thinning shears are necessary?
- Why are wire cutters a necessity in every salon?
- What types of towels do you need, and how should you organize them?
- What tools and equipment do you need to provide the utmost in safety for both the pet and the professional?
- What types of bathing safety gear is necessary in every salon?
- What safety regulations and rules must be abided by, for the safety of pets and professional alike?
- What is OSHA, and what rules does it have in place for salons?
- What eye care products are a necessity in all salons?
- What ear care products are a necessity in all salons?
- What oral care products are a necessity in all salons? What must be done to keep the dog's mouth healthy and clean?
- What foot and nail care products must be known to all professionals?
- Why are colognes for pets useful in a salon?
- What skin care products are available on the market, and how and why should you use them?
- What decorative products will enhance your artistry and please pet families?
- Why is a knowledge of all the types of shampoo essential?
- How does a knowledge of conditioners enhance your expertise?
- What are product stabilizers and how do they work?
- What are coat gels and how do they work?
- What sanitizing products are necessary to make your salon shine and keep it sanitary and healthy for professionals and pets alike?
- How should pets be received from their families in the reception area?
- How can you standardize evaluation of the pet when it arrives, so that pricing may be uniformly established, and then communicated clearly to the pet family?
- What are the correct methods of transporting the pet through the salon for safety and efficiency?
- What are the correct methods of placing and removing the pet from the kennels?
- What are the correct methods for placing and removing the pet on the drying grooming and styling table?
- What are the correct methods for placing and removing the pet from the bathing station?
- How do you present the pet to its family after grooming to insure return business and happy customers?
- What type of pet monitoring procedures must be in place to insure the safety of every pet at your salon?
- What is the buddy system, and how does it work to facilitate safety and efficiency for pets and staff alike?
- What procedures must be in place for handling an emergency situation in the salon? What types of emergencies are likely to occur, and how do the procedures for them differ?