Variations & Creations in Man's Best Friend
Are you familiar with the various coat types that man has created on his best friends?
How about the different coat colors? Are you aware of the different body types? How about the various eyes, ears, feet and tail types? What is a head plane and why is it important for the professional to know? What is a stop and how does it affect the conformation of the dogs head? What is a forehand? What is a backhand?
If you are a professional bather, groomer or stylist or a beginner with plans on a new career in the art of styling dogs, it is critical that you know the answer to these questions. This course covers it all!
This course is a must for all dog lovers and dog professionals.
The components of the dog that all come together in a beautiful grooming creation include:
- What are the names for the basic coat types, and how do you tell the difference between the basic coat types?
- Why are there so many varied and different names for coat colors? How do you identify coat color properly in the various breeds of dogs?
- How do the patterns and markings of the coat define the breeds? What is the correct terminology for the different patterns and markings?
- What are the eye shapes that distinguish one breed from another? How do you recognize them?
- What are the ear types and sets that occur in the varying breeds? What is the breed standard and what is a fault in terms of ear type and set for the different breeds?
- How many different types of feet are there, and what are they? Which breed standards demand which types of feet?
- What tail sets and types occur in the different breeds? What is a fault and what tail type represents correct conformation for the various breeds?
- What are the 7 basic head types? Which breeds can be recognized by which head types?
- What is the difference between the 3 different skull types? What do they tell us about the breeds' usages and jobs?
- What is a stop, and what are the 5 different types of stops?
- How do we differentiate between the 3 different head planes?
- What are the 4 different bite types, and what do they indicate about the various breeds?
- What are the five different body types, and how are they different from each other? What breeds of dog have which body types, and why?
- How do you recognize the rectangle type, the square type, the square terrier type, the shortlegged type and the speed type of dog body?
- What angles, shapes and measurements describe correct conformation? Which indicate incorrect conformation in the various breeds?
- What do terms such as forehand, backhand and tuck-up mean, and what can you learn from the configuration of the parts of the dog's body these terms describe?